Monday, January 31, 2011

All in a Day's Work

So on Friday my sister officially became a homeowner. Yay! Of course, this meant that our whole family had to drive up to see the place on Saturday and inevitably get sucked into moving and cleaning. Thankfully we had plenty of distractions throughout the day...

Her house is pretty old, and there is definitely a lot of work that needs to be done to it, but she got a great price (and has a handy boyfriend), so it was well worth it. Plus, it has TONS of space--which is perfect because she has tons of stuff!


After a mere few hours of working and a slight detour on the way to the hardware store the boys discovered that this was going on:


Who could say no to that? And while the "testicle" reference was talking about Rocky Mountain Oysters (cow testicles), it also could have accurately reflected the patrons--when we got there it was pretty much 1 female to 10 males. Easily. And sadly enough, the girls got there a little late due to some cleaning projects, and they were all out of testicles. I was so looking forward to sampling one... Not.

We wrapped up the night with a little team competition--and after spending the better part of two hours at a testicle fest, what could be better than a little Dirty Minds?


I don't remember the final tally, but I know Darrell and I came pretty close to winning. Although I will say my brother was the champ of getting some of the more random and obscure answers (who would have ever predicted that he would come up with the word "presidency" for an answer--and be correct?!?).

Sunday we drove home on the heels of yet another winter storm


Thanks to the freezing temperatures and blowing snow, the trees were all coated in a pretty layer of snowy ice. And also compliments of the storm, all schools in the northern part of the state were cancelled, and then a large number of schools in the southern part of the state were released early (mine included--woot!). And if I were a betting person, I'd bet that we'll have at least a 2 hour late start tomorrow--6 inches of freshly fallen fluffy snow creates some pretty wicked driving conditions when it's being blown around by 30+ mph winds (although the threat of the blowing snow later tonight and tomorrow apparently isn't enough for my part-time job to be cancelled tonight, so no cuddling up on the couch with a blanket, a book, and some adult hot cocoa like I would like to do right now). Oh well, I think I'm going to use the fact that I have to drive in to town as an excuse to swing by the mall and see what kind of deals I can find on boots--perfectly logical, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment