Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day (Take Two!)

That's right! Two snow days in a row! Although "snow day" is a little bit of a misnomer--we really haven't gotten any snow since the early release on Monday, but temperatures have been plummeting and winds have picked up, such that wind chills are currently at 30 degrees BELOW zero. Way ridiculous. So really, it's more like a "cold day"--but snow day just sounds much more pleasant.

Yesterday (as you can see from my lack of posting) was a total waste though. I majorly slept in, which I think was really beneficial for getting rid of this cold I have, but it just left me feeling lazy the rest of the day. I'm pretty sure I spent the majority of the morning on the computer (and most of that time on Facebook....whoops). I did have to go into work at my part-time job, so I decided to make something of my day and go to the gym beforehand. Where, I'm pretty convinced, my body is picking a fight with me about training for this 5K. First it was the cold, and then at the gym yesterday the toenail on my pinkie gouged a hole in the toe next to it. Not enjoyable. I'm contemplating going to the gym again today, but I might do something a little lower impact than the treadmill because my toe still hurts (lame excuse, right? I still got over a month to train though....that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

Today, though, I intend to be much more productive. By baking cookies. And then subsequently eating way too much cookie dough. Which will make me feel like I have to go the gym. And then, since I'm getting bundled up to go to the gym, I'll probably decide that there are things I "need" at Target just so I can go shopping. Although for any of this leaving-the-house business to happen I'm going to have to go blow the driveway. Maybe I'll just stay inside all day and keep baking cookies. Considering it feels 90 degrees colder outside than it does in our house, that might not be a terrible option. Minus the fact that Darrell and I don't need multiple batches of cookies to snack on.

Here's to hoping the temperatures make it above zero today!

1 comment:

  1. Running note: Keep your toenails cut VERY short. Also don't wear cotton socks.

    ReplyDelete