Friday, January 21, 2011

100 Push-Ups Rewiew

Remember my lofty ambitions set forth here? I was going to go from 6 pushups to 100 pushups in six weeks by following the nifty 100 push up program. Well, I did the program for six weeks. I only made it to week four (and a max of 33 pushups), but darnit, it took me six weeks to get there. How? Because built into the program (for weaklings like me), is essentially a "repeat" feature. If, by the end of a certain week, your max push up amount isn't enough for you to cut it in the next week, the program is set up to have you repeat the week you last finished. Which I had to do after week two. And again after week four. And then my second time through week four I just couldn't do it anymore. I was having more difficulty the second time around than the first, and my muscles were just fatigued. So, I intended to rest a week and then jump back on the wagon.


Yeeeeaaah. About that. The closest my hands have come to planting themselves on the floor was when I had to push myself back up after Darrell tickled me off the couch. And truthfully, I'd go back even now (after almost two full weeks off), and try to work my way through and finish, but now I've bitten off this 5K. And I just finished making my pretty exercise plan. Which does include pushups, but not quite to the regiment of the 100 pushup challenge. But you know what? I'm proud of myself for sticking through the program for six weeks--especially when those weeks included multiple holidays and trips. Maybe after the 5K I'll go back to it and try again--although my training plan for the 5K looks fun and manageable and makes me feel like I just want to keep running road races (if only they weren't so darn expensive! $20 a pop adds up quickly!)


You were good to me 100 pushup challenge. But now I'm on to bigger and brighter things. Training for the St. Patty's Day Race in Sioux Falls starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment