Thursday, January 20, 2011

B.L.A. (Boot Lovers Anonymous)

Hi, my name is Jess, and I have a problem. I love boots. 


Phew. Feels good to get that off my chest. Isn't admitting that you have a problem the first step toward solving the problem? Of course, that would imply that I have an issue with my boot obsession and want to fix it (we won't talk about my husband's feelings on the matter). I, for one, in the frigid, snowy state of SD, feel that my boot-love is necessary. If I don't wear boots, my socks or nylons get wet and snowy when I have to trudge through two inches of freshly fallen snow after work with flats or pumps on. And cold, wet feet is just unacceptable--especially when the high temperatures for the past three days combined is still less than 20 degrees (I didn't realize how horrific that sounded until I put it in print--ugh!) 


It also doesn't help any than many retailers feel that January is a logical time to begin putting their winter items on clearance to make room for their spring merchandise. Hello people--we're going to have snow for at three three more months here! Keep those boots and mittens and winter coats stocked up! Not that I'm complaining, of course, because the clearance sales mean I can buy ridiculously cheap boots and still get plenty of wear out of them before the summer months. Meet the newest addition to my boot family:


(from JCPenney)
Aren't they pretty? (Plus they're comfortable! I've been wearing them all day and my feet feel great!) And if you're wondering, yes, I did get the burgundy color--80% off! I felt it was time for some color in my collection. Which really, isn't even that much of a collection. I have one pair of black and two pairs of brown (one ankle height, one calf length) heeled boots, plus two flat pairs in grey and tan. So really, it's not even gotten to be a severe addiction yet (mostly because I have my husband's voice nagging me in the back of my head every time I shop...Love you dear!)

Hopefully I can find good prices on another pair or two--I've learned (the hard way) that wearing the same pair of boots 4 days a week causes them to fall apart pretty quickly; besides, variety is the spice of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment