Friday, July 8, 2011

Pink Sangria


Doesn't that just scream summer to you? I needed something cool and preferably fruity for our 4th of July outing at the lake, and this fit the bill perfectly. And like the dessert that I made for the 4th, this recipe was also a little bit improvised and made up. But fear not--I made it again last night for a get together with some girlfriends and it's been an all-around hit!

Pink Sangria

3 cups pink lemonade
2 (750) mL bottles of wine (to keep it light, I used a sweet white--in my opinion, a Moscato worked better than a Riesling, but it may just have been the variety I bought. A blush would probably work well too)
1 cup lemon-lime soda (I forgot this the second time and it still tasted fine!)
4 shots of Triple Sec (optional)
2 lemons, sliced
16 oz frozen strawberries or raspberries

Combine all ingredients in a one gallon pitcher except the soda and allow to chill for at least two hours. Add the soda and stir well just prior to serving.

There's just a little bit left in the fridge right now, and all this talking about it has made me thirsty... It's five o'clock somewhere, right? Bring on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment