Friday, July 29, 2011

Fore!

So, I'm only a week late on this post, but whatever. This is what happens when pictures get taken on Darrell's camera and not mine. Because for whatever reason, his camera is not compatible with my laptop, so in order to access the pictures off of it I have to use our desktop computer. Which is just not as convenient as my laptop.

But anyway. You don't care about that. You want to know why I grossly misspelled the word "fore" in my title. Well, my friends, it's not misspelled. We paid a little visit out to a local golf course last Sunday and had some fun playing a round. And thankfully, we didn't actually need to use "fore" to warn anyone of wayward hits--but that's mostly because the course was pretty empty, not because we didn't have wayward hits.

Getting ready to head out--it was the first day in like a week that the humidity was low, so it was actually enjoyable to be outside (although I insisted that we only play nine holes because I don't quite have the love for golf that necessary for eighteen)
Don't let the picture fool you. I may look like I know what I'm doing, but give all the credit for that to the photographer. I tend to be pretty clueless on the golf course
The "serious" golfer. Never mind the fact that he is wearing hand-me-down shoes and using hand-me-down clubs (although he has purchased a few of his own). I said he was a serious golfer, not a rich golfer
botched birdie put!
We had a lot of fun, and Darrell managed to beat me pretty easily, so he was satisfied with that. I did tie him on a few holes, but that was only because I was allowed to "mulligan" shots that went less than 20 feet. I'm sure we'll end up going out some other time this summer, but man can golf get expensive. I now understand why Darrell has been saving money since February so he can afford multiple golf outings this summer--green fees and cart rentals (and replacing broken clubs) add up quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment