Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happy Monday!

Yes, I know that today is Tuesday. And yes, I know that "happy" is usually not a word that goes with "Monday". And up until I came home from work last night at 8:30, I certainly would not have classified my Monday as happy. But it's hard for my mood not to change when I come home to this!


Yay for a dozen roses! Darrell had to run to the store yesterday after work because we had forgotten an ingredient for dinner, and when he was there he saw that they were having a sale on roses. So he bought me some! I think I need to start sending him to the store more often....

We also cracked open a bottle of wine with dinner, which is another surefire way to improve my mood.


Sadly, this wine wasn't anything spectacular. It's label as a "Tenacious Red", which translates into a generic red table wine. And that's about all it was. It went down easily enough, it didn't have any unpleasant or lingering aftertaste.....but it also didn't have much flavor in the first place. Drinkable? Yes. Memorable? Nope. We picked this up because it was reasonably priced ($10) plus came with a rebate, but I don't think we'll go back. We've got two more wines from the same distributor in our pantry.... Hopefully those are a little more remarkable than this one was.

No comments:

Post a Comment