Monday, April 18, 2011

To Whom it May Concern

Dear Spring:


Where have you gone? We all miss you. Please come back soon. I am really starting to worry about the morale of my residents--I hear complaints daily about how much they hate me and where they want to move instead. I've been trying to convince myself that they are just lashing out because of the lack of sun, but I'm beginning to think that some people might mean it. I already have one of the lowest populations; I can't afford to lose more residents. And I definitely can't stand all of these comparisons to stupid ol' Canada.


I know that Old Man Winter is a mean old guy, and I'm sure that his refusal to leave is probably frustrating you, but please remain calm about it. Some of those poor people in the South and Southeast never saw all those tornadoes coming. I think that if you just relax and allow your warmth and sunshine to pour through, Old Man Winter will have no choice but to leave for good--and I know those storm-struck states would enjoy the sunshine during their mourning and cleanup. 


Anyway, I just wanted to make a plea for your return. I know that darn groundhog caught you off-guard when he predicted that you were going to come six weeks early, but that doesn't mean you get to disappear six weeks early as well. 


Thanks for your consideration; I hope to see you back here soon!


Love, South Dakota



No comments:

Post a Comment