Thursday, February 16, 2012

A "Tight" Issue

As a midwesterner, I've learned to combat the necessary winter evils. I always wear a scarf, and have no issue wrapping it over my nose to keep the wind out. My "everyday" winter coat is mid-thigh, wool, and fully lined. My hair is low maintenance enough that I can easily pull a stocking cap on over top. I have no qualms about wearing long johns and get regular use out of my two pair. And, as of recently, I've started making boots an everyday part of my wardrobe. Not the "mountain-hiker snow boots", but just regular, everyday dress boots. Because there is nothing worse than walking through three inches of freshly fallen snow and having it pour into your pump or flat. Or--even worse--walking through slush on a warm day and having that get into your shoe. I know some people wear the heavier winter boots on their walks into work and then change into more work-appropriate shoes, but I'm comfortable enough walking in winter conditions in heels that I'm too lazy to take the time to change. Plus that would just be one more thing I'd have to remember in the morning. And besides, I love my boots.

In fact, I love my boots so much that I went out and purchased a handful of tights this winter so that I could wear my boots with skirts and dresses instead of just hiding them under my pants (even though I swore to my mom as a kid that I hated tights and that she was the meanest mom ever for making me wear them. I may have been a difficult child). Plus, it was a much cheaper way to add some variety to my wardrobe--buying tights to go with the skirts and dresses I already owned was way cheaper than buying new dress pants and/or sweaters.

However, I've lately been discovering an issue with my boots/tights/skirt or dress ensemble:


I'm not sure if I don't walk straight or if these boots just aren't tight friendly. Either way, it's a pain. And an expensive problem to fix. Sure, individual pairs of tights aren't all that expensive, but if I can't get them to last more than one month, then the cost will add up pretty quickly. But buying new boots isn't any cheaper, especially since I don't know how to guarantee that my next pair won't do the same thing.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Am I the only one this happens to?

Oh, and fun fact: By the time I got home after work the run had spread all the way down to my ankle. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment