Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Guilty Pleasures

I'll be honest. I genuinely get annoyed by how early stores begin selling seasonal/holiday goods. Especially because more often than not, the material goods completely ignore the actual reason for the season. It didn't even take until February 17th for our local grocer to have its shelves completely cleared of Valentine's Day goods and fully stocked with Easter goods. Nevermind the fact that a "little" holiday called St. Patrick's Day falls right in between those two.

But, I'll be honest. There is a teensy-tiny part of me that is okay with the length of time certain seasonal goods spend on the shelves. And it's the part of me that obsesses over these little treats every spring.


Thank goodness these little gems are on the shelves for nearly two months (plus a whole extra day this year thanks to Leap Day!). And thank goodness we only go to the grocery store once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment