Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Results Are In....

....and my official time was 28:13!! Didn't quite manage to squeak under twenty-eight minutes like I was hoping, but all things considered this past week I'm pretty stoked with my finish. Granted, I went out way too fast because I was trying to keep pace with Darrell, and blew threw the first mile in under eight and a half minutes, which caused a slight panic when I checked my watch. Once I slowed a little bit into a more comfortable pace, I was way good for the rest of the race. And it was a perfect day for running to boot.

And the best part? I feel great! Darrell and my sister (who also ran--and neither of whom did any training) have both had fatigue in their legs and headaches set in, but I'm still good to go. Guess all that training pays off somewhere....even if it's not in the time I want. But there's always next time!

6/6 Update: Here's a picture of us before the race--we were really glad the 5K didn't start until 9:10, otherwise we'd probably look a lot less chipper in this photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment