Monday, June 27, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

I love Mexican food. Majorly. If I ever get a food craving, it's always for something Mexican. Even something as basic as tacos. I could eat them everyday of the week. So naturally, we worked our way through a few enchilada recipes, figured out what we liked, and threw something together in our own recipe. Which we love. And make all the time--although I'd totally make it more often if Darrell were on board with that.


Chicken Enchiladas

1 lb chopped, cooked chicken (season to taste)
1 10.75 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheese (divided)
1 red pepper, diced
1 16 oz jar salsa
8 tortillas

Combine chicken, cream of chicken soup, 1 cup of the cheese, and red pepper. Stir until well blended. Spoon mixture into tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with salsa and remaining cheese. Cover with foil. Bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes.


Don't you just want to eat that up? Seriously. Plus it makes a ton (at least when it's just Darrell and I eating), so there is always plenty for leftovers. Which I also love. Because it makes great leftovers. Have I convinced you yet to try this recipe? Because I could keep going if I needed to :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment