Friday, May 13, 2011

Triskaidekaphobia

Are you scared of the number 13? Does it concern you that today is Friday the 13th?

Normally, I wouldn't even bat an eye over something like this. Friday the 13th spookiness? Pssh. Don't buy it. But today? I definitely had what felt like a weird time-space continuum experience. Coincidental that it happened on Friday the 13th? I think not.

So here's what happened. I'm enjoying my morning, hard at work (like always), and when I finally get a break I decide to check up on the blogs I stalk follow. Right away I notice that something is wrong. The first blog post is one from Wednesday. Now, you might say that not having a post since Wednesday isn't that big of a deal. But the thing is--I had checked the blog on Thursday, and there had been a new post on Thursday. I think maybe it's a fluke, or maybe they took it down, or whatever. No big deal. But as I keep checking my blogs, I start to notice that ALL of them are showing posts from Wednesday at the latest. And I know I read new posts on some of them Thursday. Totally caused a moment of panic (and serious deja vu)--Wednesday was not a day I wanted to repeat (especially when I'm so close to the weekend!)

Thankfully, when I tried to log on to Blogger I was informed of the difficulties they were having and that they had removed all posts published after a certain point on Wednesday. Phew! Because now I can safely (and positively!) proclaim TGIF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment