Tuesday, May 17, 2011

4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

So I know that I just posted about the progress of my chocolate chip cookie quest, but I just couldn't wait to get these cookies on the blog. You see, I've been meaning to make them for almost a month now because I owe them to a friend who fixed my computer. But I've kept putting it off because I've gotten busy or lazy or just plain forgotten. So once I actually got around to making them, and realized how easy and uber-delicious they were, I knew that I couldn't delay getting them out there for you so you can try them. And you should try them. They may seem a little unusual, but they are sooo good. It's a good thing I'm seeing my computer-fixing friend tonight or I don't think they would last. Ready for the super easy recipe? Good.


Peanut Butter Cookies
(makes one dozen)
(borrowed and slightly altered from this great blog)


1 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Mix together the peanut butter and the sugar using a spoon or spatula. Add the egg and baking powder and stir until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.



Roll into small balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork and sprinkle with additional sugar (if desired--you could also roll the balls in sugar prior to flattening). Bake in a 350* preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.



Cool on baking sheet for at least 10 minutes (don't try to rush them off the sheet--they'll be pretty fragile when they come out of the oven and will need to set before you can move them!) and then enjoy!

See? Super easy. And so delicious. It's been ages since I've had a traditional peanut butter cookie so I probably can't make an accurate comparison, but I definitely feel like these have a much more noticeable peanut butter flavor. It's not overpowering, like I thought it would be, but definitely there. And they aren't super doughy or anything, but still end up being super soft. I ate one last night after they had cooled slightly and the chocolate chips were all melted and gooey.... So good. And I'm glad they're so easy, because I'm definitely going to be making these again since I'm giving away (most of!) this batch!

No comments:

Post a Comment