Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

Remember when I was being selfish and complaining about sharing? Well, rest assured, I no longer have any resentment about sharing that loaf of bread because I promptly baked another loaf for us to eat. And let me tell you--it was well worth it. Deliciously moist, satisfyingly sweet, and the added bonus of a delicious smelling house (although this time I baked it while Darrell was making a stir-fry for dinner, so it wasn't quite as strong because it was competing with those smells as well). Did I mention that it's super easy to prepare? Are you hungry yet? Are you ready to make this bread yet? Good. 




Cinnamon Swirl Bread
(original recipe found here)
(And please, be sure to check out the original link, because her picture is soooo much better than mine. I need to learn not to take pictures at 9:30 at night)


2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup buttermilk 
2 tsp vanilla


1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp softened butter


Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and flour bottom of a 9x5 loaf pan (totally just realized that I forgot to flour my pan--both times--which would probably explain why we had a devil of a time trying to get it out!). Combine the first group of ingredients (flour through vanilla) and beat three minutes at medium speed. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Mix together the topping (brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter) and sprinkle half over the batter. Pour on the rest of the batter and top with the remaining brown sugar mixture. Bake for about 45 minutes and let cool before removing from pan--if you can wait that long to slice into it!


Seriously, I'm not kidding when I say that you NEED to try this bread. It's sweet enough to satisfy a sweet tooth, but not so sweet that you can't enjoy a slice (or two) for breakfast. Make this today--no, wait--DOUBLE this recipe and make it today. You won't regret it!



No comments:

Post a Comment