Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Heart Weekends

Actually, I love relaxing weekends. Weekends where we don't have any major obligations, where we have the ability to control our own schedule, and especially where I can take naps in the middle of the day. Soooo nice. And after a brief work obligation Saturday morning, that's what this weekend was. We got home early Saturday afternoon and had a leisurely lunch, which consisted in part of this for me:


Grilled peanut butter and jelly. Soooo good. And gooey. The key is making sure to put plenty of butter on the outsides of the bread so it flips easily (I never said it was healthy....)
Then after a nap for me followed by a quick run to the gym and grocery store (two actually, whoops! Sort of forgot a pretty key ingredient), we fixed a little bit of this for dinner:


Cube steak and rice. Yum yum. Although we realized last night as we were eating this that it is probably one of the most "bland" meals we cook, but it's a recipe Darrell has been eating since he was a kid, so altering it just really isn't an option. Which is perfectly fine, because the flavor it does have is oh so good. We just won't talk about the fact that it's smoothered in gravy. I'll have to post the recipe sometime, but not right now because I'm making doughnuts for breakfast and they'll be done soon!
Then, to top of our gloriously relaxing Saturday, we had a movie night!


I'll admit that this isn't exactly my favorite movie, but I definitely think I understood it better than I did the first time we watched it. Plus we enjoyed the movie with some popcorn that we popped on our stovetop (super fun--thanks for the supplies Kristen and Ben!), so that made it even better.

If only this weekend didn't have to end..... I've got three twelve-hour days next week, plus a thirteen-hour day thrown in there just for fun, so I'm kind of dreading it. But hopefully I'll stay so busy that it'll fly by. Hopefully.

Oh, and by the way, GO PACK GO!!


No comments:

Post a Comment