Thursday, December 2, 2010

Yum

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the results of my holiday baking extravaganza: 


There are five, yes five, varieties of Christmas-y wonderfulness in that tin. We have the classic peanut butter blossom, also know as the chocolate star cookie. There is also the ever-popular (and ever time-consuming) peanut butter ball. A new recipe for me this year was the cherry bing bar, and they turned out to be little bites of fudgy deliciousness. Unfortunately, the recipient of this tin got unfrosted sugar cookies, but rest assured the remainder have been beautifully iced (I even got asked if it was an old family recipe someone liked them so much! Sadly, it was just an internet recipe). And lastly, one of Darrell's new favorites, the oatmeal cinnamon chip cookie. That's right, Hershey's now makes a cinnamon-flavored chip, but we've only seen it available during the holidays. Needless to say, we have two bags stashed in my baking cupboard.
Darrell and I are also very lucky to have wonderful friends and family who are willing to take one for the team and take some of these off our hands, because lord knows we don't need all of these sugary, diabetes-inducing treats sitting around our house. And we've given so many away that I have to bake again this weekend so Darrell has enough to take for his treat exchange at work next week. Such a disaster.
Can't you just tell that I hate baking?

No comments:

Post a Comment