Friday, July 27, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

In honor of my brother's baseball beginning their playoffs this weekend to make it to the State Amateur Baseball Tournament, I thought I'd post a picture of a piece of artwork that we recently gifted to my brother for his new house.

Actual size: Three feet long by one foot tall
Years ago, Darrell took a panoramic shot of the team playing at their home field and we gifted it to my dad for Christmas. My brother has always talked about wanting one of his own, so a few weeks ago Darrell had a chance to recreate the picture--but with a nicer lens and quite a bit more photography experience, he was able to produce a much more clear image. Unlike the photo my dad has, on this photo you can read the scoreboard and numbers on the players jersey (including my brother's, who is pitching). Plus, Darrell was able to capture an sweet sunset this time around. The creation and printing of the image was so easy (at least Darrell made it look really easy; I didn't really do anything) that I'm starting a mental list of other "scenes" I want Darrell to turn into panoramas for out house--I'll worry about where to hang them later!

Best of luck to the Sioux Falls Saints as they attempt to qualify for their first state tournament this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment