Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Easy Fancy Treats!

My mom recently hosted a jewelry party, and, being the wonderful daughter that I am, I offered to bake her some treats for it (okay, maybe I was just dying to have an excuse to use my new mixer. Whatever). She wanted them to be a little on the "fancy" side, but nothing that would be terribly messy or sticky since people would also be touching and trying on her jewelry. After some brainstorming and deliberating, I had the perfect treat.


Are those cute or what? I had fun playing around with the flavors too--the one on the furthest left is lemon with strawberry filling, then chocolate with mint filling, and finally red velvet with cream cheese filling. And the best part is that they looked super cute with minimal effort! I'll do a full post on the recipe soon, but they were all variations on the cake-box cookies that I've blogged about before. And with the mixer, they were easier than ever. It went from this...


To this...


in under five minutes! Then just roll them into balls, bake them, pipe a little frosting in the middle, sandwich two together, and life is good! And they display nicely too!


These just might become my go-to treat. They're so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment