Friday, October 12, 2012

My Patriot!

So I finally got a chance to catch Darrell in his uniform for one of the Shrine units he is in (for those of you unfamiliar with Shriners, it's like an adult male fraternity that is divided into a lot of different "units" so that members can join groups that interest them. Darrell is in the photography unit, and also in the Fife and Drum unit--which is a unit my dad has been in since I was a kid). Darrell doesn't usually march with the Fife and Drum unit because he is usually busy taking pictures for the Shutterbug unit, but this past weekend marked the second time he stepped into uniform. And unfortunately, I still haven't actually seen him march (carrying the flag--no way he can play either a fife or a drum), but I did meet up with him after the parade last Saturday and snagged a picture before he changed (we'll say the weather was to blame for us missing the parade; nothing to do with the fact that my mom and I were running late).


Isn't he so cute?!?

Happy Friday and have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment